Malabar 2012, the bilateral exercise between Indian Navy and United States 7th Fleet is expected to be held off Chennai, Bay of Bengal/west of Nicobar Islands from April 9 -16, 2012.
Some interesting features of Malabar 2012 are:
- U.S. Navy – represented by
- Aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70)
- Guided-missile cruiser USS Bunker Hill (CG 52)
- Guided-missile destroyer USS Halsey (DDG 97)
- Logistics ship UNNS Bridge
- Los Angeles-class submarine USS Louisville
- P-3C Orion aircraft
- Indian Navy – represented by (as reported by The Hindu)
- Guided missile frigate INS Satpur
- Guided missile destroyers INS Ranvijay and INS Ranvir
- Missile corvette INS Kulish
- Fleet tanker INS Shakti
- Maritime patrol aircraft Tu-142M and other rotary wing aircraft
Read more from
- U.S. Consulate, Chennai – Programs and Events: Malabar 2012
- The Hindu: Naval exercise with U.S. begins on Saturday
As usual, official press release from MOD/Indian Navy on Malabar 2012 is yet to be released.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found