We are aware that Ministry of Shipping, Government of India has launched a ten year growth oriented Maritime Agenda: 2010 – 2020 on January 13, 2011.
As a follow up to this agenda, within ten days of the release of this agenda, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Southern Region in association with the National Maritime Foundation (NMF), Chennai Chapter conducted the first ever India Maritime Technology Conference (IMTC 2011), at Chennai on 21 and 22 January 2011. The conference brought together most of the experts from the maritime domain on a single platform to help in translating the policy agenda into a structured, systematic, time bound action plan.
Now CII and NMF are getting ready to host SHIPS 2011 (Strategies, Human Resources, Infrastructure, Processes and Security) Conference with the theme ‘Build Ships – Build India’.
- When ?
- on 27 and 28 September, 2011.
- Where ?
- at Kochi, Kerala.
- What ?
- Sessions – on ship building strategies, best practices/procedures, cadre building, support to indigenous industry, infrastructure development, security and so on.
- International Exposition – on ship building, repair, marine systems/equipment, marine surveillance and security systems.
- For Whom ?
- Policy makers and Regulators
- Ship owners
- Ship building yards
- Ship repairers
- Manufacturers of Shipyard plant and machinery
- Maritime Systems and Equipment manufacturers
- Infrastructure developers
- Maritime training institutions
- Classification societies
- Financial Institutions connected with the shipping industry
- Chambers of commerce
- Human Resource professionals
- Security experts
The coordinators of this conference are:
- Gp Capt (Retd) L V Mohandas – Head IT & Internal Security, Confederation of Indian Industry, Southern Region Headquarters, Chennai.
- Commodore (Retd) S Shekhar, Indian Navy: Regional Director, National Maritime Foundation, Chennai Chapter.
For more details, log on to Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- SHIPS 2011: “Build Ships – Build India” Seminar by CII and NMF at Kochi (Part 3 of 3)
- SHIPS 2011: “Build Ships – Build India” Seminar by CII and NMF at Kochi (Part 2 of 3)
- SHIPS 2011: “Build Ships – Build India” Seminar by CII and NMF at Kochi (Part 1 of 3)
- India Maritime Technology Conference (IMTC) 2011 Jointly Hosted by CII and NMF at NIOT Chennai
- TULIP 2013: Conference on Technological Upgradation of Logistics & Improvement of Ports by CII and NMF at Chennai