USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76), Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is underway to tsunami affected Japan to provide Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR). USS Ronald Reagan, the flagship of the Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group comprising USS Chancellorsville (CG 62), USS Preble (DDG 88) are heading to Honshu, east coast of Japan. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 3rd Class Dylan McCord/Released)
Also the following U.S. Navy ships in the region are also heading for HADR.
- USS Blue Ridge (LCC 19), the U.S. Seventh Fleet command ship, gets underway from Singapore.
- USS Essex (LHD 2), gets underway from Sepangar, Malaysia.
- USS Harpers Ferry (LSD 49)
- USS Germantown (LSD 42)
- USS Tortuga (LSD 46)
View some video clips from You Tube:
- U.S. Navy Sailors load supplies aboard USS Blue Ridge for Japan relief
- USS Blue Ridge Departs Singapore en route to Japan Following March 11 Earthquake and Tsunami
Read more from U.S. Navy: Navy Units Prepare to Support Tsunami-Damaged Areas.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found