Pakistan Navy is hosting ‘Exercise Aman 11 – Together for Peace’ at Karachi from March 08 to 12, 2011. This exercise is third of the Aman series. The previous exercises were conducted in 2009 and 2007.
Some interesting features of ‘Exercise Aman 11 – Together for Peace’ are:
- 47 countries were invited to participate in the exercise: Australia, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brazil, Brunai, Canada, China, Djibouti, Egypt, France, Germany, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Netherlands, Nigeria, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Sudan, Turkey, Thailand, U.K, U.S.A, Ukraine, U.A.E, Vietnam, Yemen.
- It is reported that 39 countries are participating.
- Naval ships from 11 countries are participating in the exercise: Australia, China, France, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Turkey, U.K, U.S.A.
- Harbour Phase at Karachi: In Port Training Exercises; Sports/Excursions/Sightseeing; Seminar/workshop by NCMPR (National Council for Marketing & Public Relation) under the aegis of Bahria University.
- Sea Phase at Arabian Sea, off Karachi:
- Tactical Exercises (Surface): Basic Communication Exercises, Basic Maneuvers, GUNNEX on Tomato Killer, CRAA on Star Shell, RAS (Token), Go Fast Attack, MIO and VBSS Operations, Night Encounter Exercise, MCM Ops, EW Exercises, Search and Rescue, Skim Past, PHOTOEX.
- Tactical Exercises (Air): Cross Deck Landings, ASV Strikes, ASMDEX, EW Exercises, LRMP Interdiction/LRMP fighter evasion exercises, Search and Rescue, Fly Past, PHOTOEX.
- SOF Exercises: HVBSS Ops, SVBSS Ops, Static line and Freefall Water Jumps, Special Purpose Insertion and Extraction (SPIE) Ops, EOD Exercise, Maritime Counter Terrorist Exercise, ATT/Close Quarter Combat (CQC) Exercise, Frogman Exercise, VBSS Operations during MIO.
- War at Sea Exercise (WASEX) to be conducted at the end of sea phase.
- Hot Wash Up of sea events: to be conducted on March 12, 2011.
Here are the full page advertisements of Aman 11, published in ‘The Nation’ of Pakistan.
For more details on Aman 11, log on to Pakistan Navy.
Read more from
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found