Some information available on MV River Princess are:
- MV River Princess, 240 metre long ore carrier of M/s Salgaocar Mining Industries Ltd ran aground off the Candolim-Sinquerim coast of Goa on June 06, 2000 due to rough weather.
- The vessel in addition to being an environmental hazard, has also become a transit point for drugs.
- Due to prolonged public protest, on September 08, 2010 the high court of Bombay at Goa, directed the state government to commence work on removal of MV River Princess, within two months from that date.
- Arihant Ship Breakers of Bhavnagar, Gujarat are now getting ready to cut and remove MV River Princess.
View some photographs from Flickr: mv river princess – Goa
View also a video clip from You Tube: River Princess-GOA
Read more from The Times of India: River Princess cutting will begin March 5
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Pirate Mother Ship Prantalay Sinks off Lakshadweep during Anti Piracy Operations by India
- View Indian Coast Guard District Head Quarters in Google Maps
- ICGS Vijit: Second 90M OPV for Indian Coast Guard Commissioned at Goa Shipyard
- India: Coast Guard Day 2010
- India: MV Aquamarine Places Kochi in World Cruise Map