The 17th annual Singapore India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX 2010) has commenced on April 03. The exercise is going on in the Andaman Sea and the Bay of Bengal. SIMBEX 2010 is expected to conclude on April 16.
Some interesting features of SIMBEX 2010 are:
- Participating ships from the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN)
- During the course of the exercise the RSN ships would also be visiting Port Blair and Visakhapatnam.
- Participating ships from the Indian navy:
- INS Batti Malv (Fast Attack Craft) and INS Mahish (Landing Ship Tank) from the Andaman & Nicobar Command
- INS Ranvir (Destroyer), INS Jyoti (Tanker) and a submarine from the Eastern Naval Command.
- In addition fixed wing and rotary wing aircrafts are also participating in the exercise.
Here are the photographs of RSS Intrepid and RSS Victory available from U.S. Navy website.
View more photographs of the Republic of Singapore Navy from Flickr.
Read more from Press Information Bureau.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found