The AMET University, Chennai in support with National Maritime Foundation, New Delhi is organizing an International Seminar on “Opportunities for Maritime Research in Academia and Industries” on February 06, at Chennai. It is interesting to note that the seminar is being hosted to commemorate the 18th year of AMET’s establishment and the 3rd year of becoming the First University for Maritime Education in India.
Seminar to focus on:
- Emerging and challenging research issues in the maritime domain and marine disciplines in the Academia and the Industry.
- Research activities/culture among faculty members of maritime colleges and Institutes.
- Trends in academia-industry collaboration in research and provide the platform for Indian maritime industry to appreciate and initiate research work in collaboration with Academia.
- The formation of a “maritime research networking” for intra- and inter-disciplinary research groups across various institutes and industry bodies.
To be addressed by:
- Dr. Björn Kjerfve, President, World Maritime University, Malmö, Sweden – as Chief Guest.
- Admiral (Retd) Arun Prakash, PVSM, AVSM, VrC, VSM, I.N. Chairman, National Maritime Foundation, New Delhi, India – as Guest of Honour.
- Dr. Prof. Helen Sampson, International Seafarers Research Institute, Cardiff University, Wales, UK.
- Dr. Flemming Just, Director, Department of Maritime Research and Innovation, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark.
- Dr. Philip Sayer, Reader/Associate Dean (Academic), Department of Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering, University of Strathclyde, UK.
- Prof. Dr. Vladimir A. Loginovsky, Head of Navigation Chair, Admiral Makarov State Maritime Academy, St. Petersburg, Russian Federation.
- Mr. Philip Wake, Chief Executive, Nautical Institute, London, UK.
- Mr. Richard Speight, Depute Principal, Glasgow College of Nautical Studies, UK.
- Prof. Dr. Capt. Masao Furusho, Faculty of Maritime Sciences, Kobe University, Japan.
- Mr. Patrick Routledge, Head of Marine Engineering, South Tyneside College, South Shields, UK.
The seminar is expected to be very useful to:
- Faculty members of maritime colleges/universities/institutes.
- Members of the industry and industry associations.
- Current and prospective Ph.D. scholars.
For more details, log on to AMET University.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found