January 26 is celebrated as Australia Day.
HMAS Stuart (FFH 153), the sixth Anzac Class Guided Missile Frigate is presently on deployment in the Gulf of Oman, carrying out counter terrorism and counter narcotic smuggling operations. The crew celebrated Australia Day at sea by playing cricket on the flight deck. On completion of the match, the crew had a steel deck barbecue dinner by witnessing Arabian sunset.
The crew also collected $700 as charity and the proceeds will be donated to Gran’s Van, a food van based in Burnie Tasmania which provides meals to the homeless and needy.
Here is a photograph from Department of Defence, Australia.
View more photographs from Image Gallery of DoD.
For more information, log on to Australia Day.
Read more from DoD, Media Release.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- India: Coast Guard Day 2010
- India: INSV Mhadei to Fly National Flag in Falkland Islands on Republic Day 2010
- Indian Navy: INS Shivalik in Republic Day Parade 2010
- HMAS Toowoomba: First Royal Australian Navy Warship on Anti Sea Piracy Mission off Somalia
- Soanya Ahmad Abandons 1000 Days at Sea Expedition After 306 Days