Here is an invitation dated November 24 to media from EUNAVFOR Somalia (Operation Atlanta) for a Media day at Taranto, Italy on December 01.
Invitation Northwood, 24 November, 2009
Invitation for press to attend a Media day within European Union Naval Force – Operation Atalanta in Taranto (Italy) – Tue 01 December
Ladies and Gentlemen,
You are invited to attend a Media Day in Taranto (Italy) on Tuesday 01st December. The Media Day will take place in Taranto Naval Port on board of the Italian ship ITS ETNA. The ITS ETNA will soon become EU NAVFOR warship ETNA as she sails to the Gulf of Aden to take her place as Flagship of the Anti Piracy European Union Naval Force.
On Tuesday noon the Italian ship ITS ETNA under the Command of Commander CV Marco NOVELLA will sail from Taranto to join the EU Naval Force operating off the Somali coast in its Anti Piracy mission. It will replace as the new Flagship from the EU NAVFOR Dutch ship HNMS EVERTSEN.
Onboard the ship will be RAdm Giovanni GUMIERO who will take over the role of Force Commander in the middle of December in the Gulf of Aden.
Rear Admiral Thorsten Kaehler, the Deputy Operational Commander of EU NAVFOR based in the Headquarters in Northwood will say farewell to the latest member of the force to join the EU Anti Piracy mission.
The aim of the day is to give a limited number of media:
- Information about EU NAVFOR Somalia – Operation Atalanta and how the operation is conducted.
- Opportunities to talk to the EU NAVFOR Deputy Operational Commander, RAdm Thorsten Kaehler.
- Opportunities to talk to the EU NAVFOR designated Force Commander, RAdm Giovanni Gumiero.
- Opportunities to talk to the Commanding Officer of ITS ETNA, Commander Marco Novella.
- Opportunities to talk to a number of officers and crew.
The programme is scheduled to start at 0930 01 December and end at 1100.
- 0930 Media Arrival at Taranto Naval Base Main Gate.
- 1000 Start of Media event – Press conference (Short briefing – Questions & Answers).
- 1030 Coffee break.
- 1045 Interviews.
- 1100 End of Media event.
Read the full invitation from EUNAVFOR as pdf.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found