METS (Marine Equipment Trade Show) incorporating the SuperYacht Pavilion 2009 opened on November 17 at Amsterdam RAI Convention Centre, Amsterdam, Netherlands. This year’s (Design Award METS) DAME Award 2009 winners were announced by Bill Dixon, Chairman of the Jury of the DAME.
The 19th annual DAME Award competition received a total of 125 products from 108 companies. A total of 53 products were short listed for final selection. From these, Overall DAME Winner, together with 7 outright Category Winners, and two special certificates for ‘Most ECO Friendly’ and ‘Most Innovative’ product and 14 Special Mentions were selected.
The DAME Award 2009 winners are:
- Overall DAME Winner 2009: FLIR Systems from the Netherlands for the M-626L Series Thermal Night Vision System.
- Category Winners:
- Marine electronics: 626L by FLIR Systems.
- Interior equipment, furnishings, materials and electrical fittings used in cabins: LLEY by Foresti & Suardi S.p.A.
- Deck equipment, sails, and rigging: SCR by Hall Spars & Rigging.
- Clothing and crew accessories: Blue Eco Jacket by Henri Lloyd.
- Life saving and safety equipment: RIB Ladder by Armstrong Nautical Products.
- Machinery, propulsion, mechanical and electrical systems and fittings: GPX-5, the Ultimate Hybrid Power Solution by Mastervolt.
- Marine related software: iSiMON by Palladium Technologies, Inc.
- Special Certificates to:
- Most ECO-Friendly Product certificate: Blue Eco Jacket by Henri Lloyd.
- Most Innovative Product certificate: SilKEN by Kenyon.
- Special Mentions to:
- Marine electronics: Navico Broadband Radar (BR24)
- Interior equipment, furnishings, materials and electrical fittings used in cabins:
- Kenyon SilKEN.
- ITT Lite Flush.
- Wempe NAVIGATOR.
- Marina equipment, boatyard equipment and boat construction tools and materials: DRAINMAN Powered by nature.
- Deck equipment, sails, and rigging:
- Admiral Marine Equipment Race & Reef Furler.
- Future Fibres Low Profile (LP) Adjuster.
- Perfix Q-SNAP.
- Seasmart Hook Smart.
- Clothing and crew accessories: MUSTO Active Base Layer.
- Life saving and safety equipment: McMurdo Fast Find 210.
- Machinery, propulsion, mechanical and electrical systems and fittings:
- Dometic Breathe Easy Air Purifier.
- Fischer Panda HybridDriveSystem.
- Marine related software: Kelvin Hughes, Wiley Nautical Almanac 2009.
For more details, log on to Super Yacht Pavilion 2009 – DAME.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!