Mumbai police commissioned Sealegs Amphibious Marine Crafts on November 06, to patrol Mumbai coast. 18 more boats are expected to join.
Some interesting features of Sealegs Amphibious Marine Crafts with Mumbai police are:
- The aluminium-hulled amphibious boats are provided with a ‘rugged helm’ console for heavy duty handling by operational personnel.
- Equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS) including Sealegs own ‘XRT’ extended run time feature, allowing for prolonged operational capability in hot and humid conditions when driving on land or when deployed in flood/rescue roles.
- Built to European CE and U.S. Coast Guard specifications by Sealegs International Limited, New Zealand.
- Marketed by New Wave Distributors (India) Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai.
- To be stationed at Girgaum, Dadar, Juhu and Versova beaches to patrol the 40 km long coastline of Mumbai city.
- Can carry four armed personnel.
- Can operate on both land and water with speed over 40 knots on water and over 10 km per hour on land.
- Costs INR 40 lakh each.
Here is a photograph of Sealegs Amphibious Marine Craft published by The Times of India dated November 07.
View an interesting video clip: Incredible Sealegs Amphibious Boats
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
View some more video clips in Hindi:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found