48th Barcelona International Boat Show (BIBS) is ready to start on November 07 with the slogan “a sea of opportunities”. The annual event organized by Fira de Barcelonais is open to professionals and public. The show will offer visitors a wide range of opportunities in accessories, canoes and kayaks, electronics, charter, sail and motor boats, inflatables, engines, trailers, sails, nautical tourism, windsurfing & surfing, jet skis, fishing, yachts and super yachts.
Some interesting features of BIBS are:
- To be held at: Halls 2 and 3 of the Gran Via Exhibition Centre and the La Fusta and Espanya wharves in Port Vell
- Duration: November 07 to 15, 2009
- Exhibitors:380, Spanish and foreign
- Countries represented: 35
- Surface area: 70,000 square metre net between the Gran Via and Port Vell
- Gran Via venue to have five theme area:
- The Innovation Area – to feature design and technological projects with the aim of showing the new contributions and projects of design centres, engineering companies and shipyards.
- The Fun Beach Area – to attract young people with the aim of providing facilities to learn to sail aboard small boats and to promote nautical sports. It has a swimming pool equipped with wind generators for light sailing.
- Traditional Marina Area – to have Schooners, dories and wooden boats to highlight the historic memory and preservation of maritime heritage. Visitors can see how boats are crafted and can participate in workshops.
- The Fishermen’s Area – to showcase new fishing rods, reels and equipment including virtual simulators to provide the sensations of deep-sea fishing.
- The Espai del Mar (Sea Space) – for announcements of regattas, conferences and seminars, talks on navigation, etc.; a space in which to keep abreast of new projects, share experiences and participate in debates.
- In Port Vell: Large vessels/mega-yachts to be on display.
For more details, log on to 48th Barcelona International Boat Show.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found