STX Europe, Turku has delivered ‘Oasis of the Seas’ the most revolutionary cruise ship to Royal Caribbean International on October 28. Oasis of the Seas is the largest cruise ship in the world. Oasis of the Seas will be unveiled on ABC’s “Good Morning America” during a special live broadcast on November 20. It is worth noting that the Oasis of the Seas and the Allure of the Seas projects have provided the shipyard and the maritime cluster with 12,000 man-years of labor.
Some interesting features of Oasis of the Seas and her joining the Royal Caribbean International are:
- Took nearly six years to complete.
- To depart from Turku on October 30 with Captain William S. Wright at the helm.
- Expected to reach her home port – Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on November 11.
- Has modern unique concepts like: FlowRider surf simulator, ice-skating rinks, cantilevered whirlpools, rock climbing walls, Royal Promenade – an entertainment boulevard stretching nearly the length of the ship.
- Has industry first, neighborhood concept with seven distinct themed areas which includes: Central Park, Boardwalk, the Royal Promenade, the Pool and Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, Entertainment Place and Youth Zone.
- The Oasis of the Seas
- 361 metres long, 66 metres wide at her widest point and at the highest, she rises 72 metres above the sea level.
- gross tonnage is 225,000.
- can accommodate 6,360 passengers and 2,100 crew members.
- has 16 passenger decks and 2,704 staterooms.
- the total power output of the ship’s engines is 97,000 kW.
- the cruise speed is 22.6 knots.
- The official naming ceremony for Oasis of the Seas is scheduled on November 30.
The most relaxed and happiest person on this occasion is Mr Richard Fain, Chairman and CEO Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
View all videos from You Tube: Oasis of the Seas.
For updates, log on to Oasis of the Seas.
Posts in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Oasis of the Seas: Funnel Down to Cross Storebaelt Bridge of Denmark
- Oasis of the Seas: World’s Largest Cruise Liner Launched
- Chennai: 3rd International Search and Rescue Conference (ISAR 2013) 3 of 3
- Chennai: 3rd International Search and Rescue Conference (ISAR 2013) 2 of 3
- Chennai: 3rd International Search and Rescue Conference (ISAR 2013) 1 of 3