Chudamani in Bhadrak district Orissa is going to be developed as a sea port by Aditya Birla Group. MOU was signed between Shri Muralidharan, COO, Aditya Birla Group and Shri P.K. Jena, Commissioner-Cum-Secretary, Transport & Commerce Deptt in presence of Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik and other Cabinet Ministers of Orissa on October 22.
- To be developed on Build Own Operate (BOO) basis with an investment of INR 1,500 crore.
- To be operational in four years with a projected capacity of 3 million tons per annum (MTPA) in the first phase with a provision to be expanded to 10 MTPA.
- To be connected by a rail corridor from Markuna Station.
- To have two berths to handle bulk cargo such as cement, aluminium, iron ore, thermal coal, limestone, gypsum, clinker and copper.
- To provide directly or indirectly employment to about 5,000 people.
- The state government is expected to get revenue of about INR 20 crore per annum.
Here is the photograph of MOU being signed between the Government of Orissa and Aditya Birla Group.
Read more from The Economic Times.
The above photograph is from Government of Orissa.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found