Marine Evacuation System (MES) is a lifesaving device to evacuate passengers through an inflatable slide or chute to board them safely into waiting life rafts. Zodiac SOLAS, France has developed a new escape slide system Marine Evacuation System – Medium Inflatable Slide (MES MIS) for passenger vessels.
Some interesting features of MES MIS are:
- An advanced version of Marine Evacuation System – Small Inflatable Slide (MES SIS) that was previously available for freeboards up to 3.8 metres.
- Uses a double track slide to evacuate passengers faster.
- The evacuation system in different models are suitable for freeboard from 4.7 to 9.3 metres.
- Designed for deployment at an angle of 35 degrees to suit high speed crafts, small passenger vessels, military vessels and ro-ro ferries.
- The system has passed heavy weather sea trials in winds of Beaufort Force 6 to 7 and with wave heights from 4.5 to 5 metres.
View interesting video clips on Marine Evacuation System:
For more details, log on to Zodiac SOLAS.
Posts in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found