MV Solitaire of All Seas is the largest pipelay vessel in the world.
Some interesting features of MV Solitaire are:
- has a pipe carrying capacity of 22000 t.
- maneuvers with full dynamic positioning to work safely in congested areas.
- operational since 1998.
- has a lay speed of over 9 km a day with in-house Phoenix automatic welding system.
- has a deepwater pipelay record of 2775 m (9100’).
- after modifications in 2005, now with a holding force of 1050 t can lay the heaviest pipelines.
Here is a photograph of MV Solitaire, from All Seas.
For more details on MV Solitaire, log on to All Seas.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found