Maritime Piracy incidents reported up to September 2009 have already crossed the total number reported in 2008. To help everyone associated with the shipping industry, the ICC – International Maritime Bureau (IMB) is going to conduct a one day Practical Workshop on Maritime Piracy.
Some interesting features of this Practical Workshop on Maritime Piracy are:
- To be conducted on November 03, 2009.
- At St Katherine Docks, London
- Topics covered
- An overview of the risk areas, using the most up-to-date statistics and analysis
- In depth look at Somalia & Nigeria
- Dealing with piracy/hijacking at sea; Practical ways of securing your ship
- Crisis management and ransom negotiations
- Legality of paying ransoms
- This practical workshop would be useful to Masters, SSOs, CSOs, DPAs, and Senior Management cadre including Insurance Companies, Chartering Houses, Brokers and Traders.
For more details, log on to International Maritime Bureau.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found