Some interesting features of Wema’s GPS Speedo are:
- displays speed analogically (SOG-Speed over Ground) and compass heading (Course over Ground) digitally.
- an instrument with high-end 32 channel GPS Receiver.
- display is independent of vessel’s engine control and monitoring systems, sea conditions.
- plug and play, standalone, easy to install unit that works on 12V dc.
- available in 30 knots and 60 knots version.
GPS Speedo is different from Electro Magnetic (EM) speed log that uses a transducer mounted on the ship’s hull (bottom – below water line) to measure the speed of the vessel. The latest EM logs have provision for GPS signal inputs.
For more details, log on to Wema.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found