The Royal Navy is preparing to host “Navy Days 2009 – Meet Your Navy” on September 05 and 06. The event is going to be held at Devonport Naval Base, Plymouth.
Some interesting features of the event are:
- To be held for the first time in 3 years at the largest naval base in Western Europe, Her Majesty’s Naval Base Devonport.
- To showcase the present and future capabilities of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines.
- Public will be allowed to meet the men and women who serve on ships and submarines.
- Show on water:
- Public can visit a wide range of Royal Naval ships and submarines, including a Hunter-Killer nuclear submarine and the Falklands war veteran Courageous.
- Helicopter carrier HMS Ocean, the largest ship in the fleet.
- HMS Bulwark, the Fleet Amphibious Flagship.
- The newest and most sophisticated warship HMS Daring, the first of the Type-45 Destroyers of the Royal Navy.
- Show on land:
- ‘Back from the Frontline’ Exhibition by the Royal Marines.
- A wide range of vehicles and weapons including Jackal, Viking, the awesome LCAC Military Hovercraft, and the Grenade Machine Gun will be on display.
- Royal Navy’s Parachute Display Team and the Royal Artillery’s motorbike display team, the Flying Gunners.
- In addition there will be boarding demonstration, air display to recognise 100 years of naval aviation and performance by the Band of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines.
View an interesting video clip: Navy Days 2009 Promo Video
Read more from the Royal Navy (above photograph is from the Royal Navy).
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found