Tata Communications announced on August 18, that they have completed the installation, testing and commissioning of the TGN (Tata Global Network) – Intra Asia (TGN-IA) Under Sea Cable System.
Some interesting features of TGN – Intra Asia (TGN-IA) Cable System are:
- TGN-IA is a linear cable system between Singapore and Japan with branch landings into Hong Kong, Vietnam and the Philippines to provide regional and global connectivity in Southeast Asia.
- A step towards achieving Tata Communications’ global connectivity.
- Supplier is Tyco Telecommunications, a business unit of Tyco Electronics and an industry pioneer in undersea communication technology.
- Length: 6700 km with an initial design capacity of 3.8 Tbps on a city centre to city centre basis.
- The system is designed and routed to avoid earthquake and hazardous areas in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Provides record breaking latency between South East and Northern Asia.
Here is the big picture from Tata Communications:
Read more from Tata Communications.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found