57th Nehru Trophy Boat Race was held on August 08 at Punnamada Lake, Alappuzha. Snake boat Champakkulam Chundan won the race.
Some interesting features of Nehru Trophy Boat Race 2009 are:
- Honorable Member of Parliament and UPA Chair Person Smt. Sonia Gandhi, was the Chief Guest.
- 59 boats took part in the competition.
- Chundan (Snake Boats): 17 (1 on exhibitory)
- Veppu -Grade A: 8
- Veppu -Grade B: 5
- Iruttukuthi- Grade A: 5
- Iruttukuthi- Grade B: 15
- Churulan- Grade A : 5
- Thekkanody(Women): 4
- Winner Cash Prize
- First: INR 2,00,000 by State Tourism Dept., and INR 1,00,000 by Out Look magazine.
- Second: INR 1,50,000 by State Tourism Dept., and INR 50,000 by Out Look magazine.
- Third: INR 1,00,000 by State Tourism Dept., and INR 25,000 by Out Look magazine.
- Fourth: INR 50,000 by State Tourism Dept., and INR 10,000 by Out Look magazine.
- Race track: 1.35 kilo metres long, 20 metres wide and the team takes less than 5 minutes to cover the distance.
View some video clips:
For more details, log on to Nehru Trophy Boat Race.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found