MV Ganga Vihar is the floating restaurant now operating on the River Ganga from Gandhi Ghat, Patna in the state of Bihar.
Some interesting features of MV Ganga Vihar are:
- Chief minister Nitish Kumar inaugurated the restaurant on July 20.
- 48 persons can dine at a time.
- Non vegetarian food will be available at INR 500 and Vegetarian food will be available at INR 350.
- Also a bar and recreation room is available.
- To be operated by the Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation twice a day.
- The floating restaurant will also be available on rent at INR 20,000 for four hours to celebrate as social and family gatherings like birthday, marriage.
- Cabinet meetings are also planned to be held in the floating restaurant to promote public awareness about the restaurant.
- As an inaugural offer, the floating restaurant was permitted to the public to view solar eclipse from 0400 hours on July 22 with an entry ticket of INR 100.
If the floating restaurant operates successfully, the government is planning to operate more vessels even with private operators.
View photographs of MV Ganga Vihar from View Patna.
View an interesting video clip from Videos From India: Floating restaurant in Bihar to boost tourism.
Read more from Patna Daily.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- World Class Seafood Floating Restaurants of Hong Kong and Manila
- India: MV River Princess off Goa Coast Gets Ready for Removal
- Collision Between MV Nordlake and INS Vindhyagiri at Mumbai Harbour
- MV Samho Jewelry Freed from Somali Pirates by South Korean Navy Destroyer Choi Young
- JCB Toughphone Tradesman is Worlds First Floating Mobile Phone