India with a vast coastline of about 7500 kilo metres, has to protect the beaches to ensure safe environment. The citizens also have the responsibility to protect the beaches along with the government.
Some important contributions required from the citizens:
- Do not pollute the beaches by throwing wastes like plastic bags, bottles, cigarette butts, paper …… endless to list.
- Discourage/advise fellow citizens when you see them polluting the beaches.
Some of the actions required from the government:
- Stop unauthorised structures closer to the beach.
- Carryout regular maintenance of beaches.
- Carryout regular patrols on the beaches to stop pollution, any unlawful activity.
Here are some interesting video clips from NDTV, on Indian Beaches:
- The death of India’s beaches
- Concrete killing Kovalam beach
- Gujarat’s mangroves under threat
- India’s Vanishing Beaches
- Why is it so important to save beaches ?
- Strict coastal law to stay for now: Jairam
- Government statement on July 15: “Sea Erosion” on the beaches of Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, from Press Information Bureau.
- 10 Ways to Stop Marine Debris
- How EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), U.S., Protects Beaches ?
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found