Inmarsat’s FleetBroadband 150 (FB 150) took only 15 minutes to install in tug Miclyn Enterprise on July 10. The installation was done by Thrane & Thrane’s Certified Partner, Jason Electronics, at the Jalan Brigjen Katamso shipyard in Batam, Indonesia. Miclyn Enterprise is the first vessel to switch on to high-speed connectivity using Inmarsat’s new FleetBroadband 150 service. The first email from the vessel was sent and telephone call made within an hour of installation.
FB 150 is highly suitable for smaller vessels that handle lesser data rate. Inmarsat has already FB 250 and FB 500 for larger merchant ships to handle higher data rate.
Some interesting features of new entry-level FB 150 are:
- Combination of a high-quality telephone connection with simultaneous IP data at up to 150 kbps and SMS texting.
- Affordable and reliable global communications system using the advanced Inmarsat-4 satellites, with assured service up to 2020s.
- Provides better connectivity with improved efficiency by ensuring smooth, uninterrupted operations at sea.
- Ideal for small to medium-sized merchant vessels, leisure crafts, fishing vessels, government vessels requiring single-user internet access and email.
- Now even smaller vessels can easily be in touch with their shore units, access real time data like weather reports, weather updates and charts.
- Compact and can be easily installed by one experienced person in installing marine equipment without any heavy machinery or tools.
- Sailor 150 FleetBroadband: Above Deck Unit weighs 3.9 kg; Below Deck Unit weighs 2.0 kg
Here is the sketch of Sailor 150 FleetBroadband.
View a video clip from Inmarsat Global: Inmarsat FleetBroadband Case Study – Albatun Dos
Read more from Inmarsat.
Posts in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Inmarsat FleetBroadband Users to have Free 505 Emergency Calling
- Ship to Shore Ultrasound Telemedicine: Successful Trials by Using Inmarsat
- Inmarsat launches FleetBroadband for Comfortable Life on the High Seas
- Easy to Install Marine Instrument Housings
- Low Cost FleetPhone from Inmarsat is now Commercially Available