‘Pirates on a desert island’ is the theme for the 11th Sand Sculpture Festival going on in Belgium.
Some interesting features of the Blankenberge Sand Sculpture Festival are:
- considered as the world’s largest sand sculpture festival.
- duration: June 26 to August 31.
- being held both indoor and outdoor at the beach side town of Blankenberge, Belgium.
- this year’s star attraction is a two metre tall sand sculpture of recently deceased pop-star Michael Jackson by Russian sand sculptor Wiaczeslaw Borecki.
View photo album of Sand Sculpture Festival of the previous years, from Zandsculptuur Blankenberge.
View some interesting video clips:
- from CCTV International: 11th sand sculpture festival begins in Belgium
- from Reuters Video: Michael Jackson immortalised in sand
Read more from CCTV International.
For more details on Sand Sculpture Festival at Blankenberge, log on to Zandsculptuur Blankenberge.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found