RMS Titanic could not complete her voyage to New York from Southampton in 1912. After 97 years, the artifacts of RMS Titanic have reached New York City and are available for view from June 24, at Discovery TSX (Times Square Exposition), New York City.
Some interesting features of RMS Titanic, Artifact Exhibition and Discovery TSX are:
- RMS Titanic
- Sailed from Southampton, on April 10, 1912 to reach New York City.
- She also picked up additional passengers from Cherbourg, France and Queenstown, Ireland.
- On the night of Sunday, April 14, 1912, she hit an iceberg and sank with 2223 people onboard (including 899 crew) in Atlantic Ocean that resulted in death of 1517 people (including 685 crew).
- The survivors reached New York on April 18, 1912 through RMS Carpathia.
- The wreckage of the Titanic was located at 2000 foot depth on September 01, 1985 by a joint U.S, French expedition.
- Artifact Exhibition
- There are some 350 artifacts in the exhibition and 49 artifacts are on display for the first time.
- The collection of Titanic artifacts include jewels, documents, clothing recovered from ocean floor.
- You can explore magnificent reconstructions of Titanic’s interior including the illustrious Grand Staircase.
- Discovery TSX
- Discovery TSX is located in the former New York Times Building, in 60,000 square feet area.
- Discovery TSX is wheelchair accessible.
- Audio guides are available online and at the box office for an additional charge.
View a video clip from Discovery Networks: Titanic Artifacts Arrive in NYC
Also view another video clip: Titanic Wreck Footage – "Tale of Two Journeys"
For more details and to view the artifacts, log on to Discovery TSX.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found