The Bathini Goud family of Hyderabad in India, treats Asthma patients by putting a live Murrel fish with herbal medicine in the mouth of the patient to swallow. Every year thousands of Asthma patients turn up to take this Bathini Mrugasira Fish. This year the treatment was offered from 1100 hours on June 08 to 1100 hours on June 09. The District Administration stocked up 1.5 lakh Murrel fish for this event. For vegetarians, the herbal medicine is given without the fish.
Some interesting features of Bathini Mrugasira Fish medicine are:
- administered once every year, on the Mrigasira Karti day of the Hindu calendar, which falls in the first week of June with the onset of the annual monsoon.
- offered by the Goud family, free of cost to patients for the last 163 years as a cure for asthma and other breathing disorders.
- specially formulated herbal medicine by the Goud family, is kept in the mouth of a live Murrel fish of 2 to 3 inches in size and in turn slipped into the mouth of the patient.
- the fish being live and slippery makes it easy to swallow.
- the live fish travels through the throat, wagging its tail and fins and negotiates the phlegmatic congestion, curing hundred per cent.
- three doses of the extra medicine are provided to the patients, on 15th/30th/45th day from Mrigasira Karti called as Arudra Karti, Punnarvasu Karti and Pushymi Karti.
- after taking Bathini Mrugasira Fish, the patient has to follow strict diet control for 45 days.
- the medicine has to be taken by the patient for three consecutive years (now revised as four years) for complete cure.
- the medicine is prepared at Doodhbowli, 2 km from the historic Charminar in Hyderabad, and distributed at the Exhibition Grounds,Nampally,Hyderabad.
- at the venue, the Murrel fish is supplied by Dept. of Fisheries, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, at the nominal rate of INR 10 per fish.
View some interesting video clips of treatment by Bathini fish medicine:
Read more from Express Buzz.
For more details regarding treatment, log on to Bathini Fish.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Update: June 12
View a video clip from NTDTV: Fish Therapy for Asthma
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found