Sri Lanka’s Army, Navy and Air Force have successfully fought the war against terrorism. Also, international community did not extend full fledged support, when LTTE- the freedom struggle movement turned out to be a terrorist movement. Now Sea Tiger base is empty as most of the boats were forcibly taken away either by fleeing civilians or terrorists themselves when the troops were circling them.
Here are some interesting videos to watch:
Growth of Sea Tigers
- Tamil National Sea Navy -LTTE Sea Force Regiment
- Tamil Tiger Naval Security Unit cruising through Indian Ocean
- Attack Boats of Sea Tigers (The Tamil Tigers of TamilEelam)
Sinking Sea Tigers
- Sri Lanka battles Tigers at sea – 11 Jun 07
- LTTE boat manufacturing plant seized , January 22nd 2009
- Troops seize a major sea tiger terrorist base 19/03/2009
- Sri Lankan Navy destroys six Tamil Tiger Terrorist boats 29/04/2009
Now Sri Lanka has succeeded in taking over control of the last section of coastline held by Tamil Tiger rebels in the north-east of the country.
- Navy Commander Vice Admiral Wasantha Karannagoda Inspects the Navy’s Defence Lines
- Sri Lanka army ‘controls coast’
- Tamil Tigers ‘”defeated” – 16 May 09
- LTTE Blows Up their Arms and Ammunition Storages
Posts in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found