“Combating Piracy 09” is going on at London from April 28.
The three day event will focus on:
- How to effectively coordinate with Naval Forces ?
- Ensure early identification of suspect vessels and learn how discourage attack.
- Recognise and extract factual worldwide information available to reduce risk.
- Examine the most recent piracy trends and tactics.
- Protect the safety of your staff, contracts, assets and reputation.
- Understand the legal implications when under attack.
- Minimise risk to hostages and discuss ransom negotiations.
- Discuss the challenges in evaluating available protection.
- Identify future training, contingency planning and insurance needs.
The interesting topics under discussion are:
On April 28:
- United Nations and IMO Update: Fight Against Piracy – The Way Ahead For The International Community.
- Operation ATALANTA Update – Keynote Presentation.
- Latest Data On Somalian Piracy: The Challenges Of Response In A Failed State.
- A View Point From The European Commission – Valuable Steps To Prevent And Protect Shipping.
- Practical Preparation Prior To Transit – What Precautions Can Be Taken To Self Protect.
- Ensure Effective Crew Preparation And Training.
- Overcoming Challenges In Evaluating Available Protection ?
- Centers Of Excellence; Maximising The Use Of Counter Piracy Measures To Keep Commerce Moving.
- Round Table Discussions – Fully Interactive.
On April 29:
- Briefing From UKMTO Anti Piracy Team.
- Implementing Successful Operational Procedures To Reduce The Risk Of Attack.
- Effective Measures To Self Protect – An INTERTANKO View.
- Driving Forward A Paradigm Change Amongst All Stakeholders Involved In The Shipping Industry. How Is This Going To Benefit ?
- Implementing Sufficient Insurance Cover.
- Legal Issues In The Development And Conduct Of The Maritime Security Mission And The Particular Problem Of Piracy Off The Horn Of Africa.
- Interactive Session: Effective Strategies To Ensure Robust Crisis Management Procedures.
On April 30:
- Workshop A: Examining The Legal And Commercial Consequences Of Piracy.
- Workshop B: Reputation Management In The Event Of An Attack.
For more details, log on to MARSEQ Combating Piracy.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found