The PLA Navy of China was founded on April 23,1949 at Taizhou,Jiangsu with 9 warships and 17 boats.
Between 1955 and 1960, the PLA Navy established the Donghai (East Sea) Fleet, Nanhai (South Sea) Fleet and Beihai (North Sea) Fleet, successively. On April 23, China celebrated 60th anniversary of PLA Navy. 21 naval vessels from 14 countries and delegations from 29 countries participated in the anniversary.
Here is a map showing the present PLA Navy, from: Military Power of the People’s Republic of China by DOD, U.S.
Spare your time to view these amazing video clips to know the past,present and future of PLA Navy.
- Chinese Navy: Past and Future
- Chinese Naval Air Force
- Missile destroyer Stars of Chinese navy
- China builds up submarine fleet
- China to build aircraft carriers amid growing U.S.fears
- Insight: China’s Navy Sailing into the Future 04-26-2009
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found