April 22 of the year is Earth Day.
Earth Day is celebrated to renew our commitment to building a safer, healthier and cleaner world for all of us. On this day let us remember that we need not to wait for April 22 to help out the Earth. Earth Day is every day, to protect our environment on a year-round basis.
This year on the occasion of Earth Day,
- NASA plans to telecast a special High Definition (HD) feed from NASA Television on Earth Day, April 22, that will feature views of Earth captured by cameras aboard the International Space Station.
- The space station and its crew orbit Earth once every 90 minutes from an altitude of approximately 220 miles.
- It can be seen from Earth with the naked eye.
- The orbiting outpost travels at a speed of approximately 17,500 miles per hour, and the crew experiences 16 sunrises and sunsets each day.
- The station has been continuously occupied since the first crew arrived in November 2000.
- The special Earth views HD feed can be seen April 22 from 6 to 9 a.m., noon to 2 p.m. and 4 to 7 p.m. EDT.
For more details on HD Earth Views, read press release from NASA.
For more details on Earth Day, log on to Earth Day Network.
View an interesting video clip: Earth Day Rap !!
Posts in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Update: April 23
View the colorful history of Earth Day from Time-CNN Photos.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found