We hear a lot about Arctic Ocean becoming ice-free due to global warming in the future.
If Arctic Ocean becomes ice-free, what would be the impact on world shipping routes ?
- Are the Northern sea routes really shorter than the normally used sea routes ?
- Are the shipping companies interested in using the Northern sea routes ?
- Is the shipping traffic through Panama Canal and Suez Canal going to reduce ?
- Is the Indian Ocean going to be of no importance ?
- Are the Somali pirates going to lose their business ?
To find the answers, download as pdf and read yourself :
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!