Swan Hunter floating dry-dock, now renamed as FD Bharati has left the Port of Tyne on April 04, to join Bharati Shipyard in India. Swan Hunter, Wallsend shipyard is located on the North bank of the river Tyne, U.K.
Swan Hunter, the 145 years old shipyard is one of the world’s most famous shipbuilders and has constructed more than 1,600 vessels at their Wallsend yard, North Tyneside.
- The 20,000 ton floating dry-dock is being transported by Heavy Lift Vessel Osprey. Specifications and photographs of Osprey are at Offshore Heavy Transport.
- In 2007, Swan Hunter Shipyard’s cranes and equipment were sold to Bharati Shipyard, for use at their Dabhol yard.
- The cranes and the floating dry dock, are the sixth and final consignment to leave.
- View amazing photographs of transportation of the floating dry-dock from Swans Blog.
- Vanguard Shipping has taken the project of transferring of equipment to Bharati Shipyards.
- Read more about sale of Swan Hunter to Bharati Shipyard from Business Standard.
View interesting video clips
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Update: April 11
View an interesting video clip: Swans Cranes leaving the River Tyne
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found