IXSEA launched ROVINS, a combined survey-grade gyro compass and full featured Inertial Navigation System (INS) on March 31 at Ocean Business 2009 in Southampton, U.K.
Some interesting features of ROVINS are:
- Gyro + INS = ROVINS
- Uses Fibre Optic Gyroscope (FOG) technology of their OCTANS gyro compass and PHINS (Photonic INS) ‘strap-down’ inertial technology.
- Designed specifically for offshore survey and construction activities.
- Suitable for depths up to 3000 metres.
- Can provide accurate position, heading and attitude information for surface or subsea operations.
- As there is no spinning element, it is robust and truly maintenance free.
- It’s integral web based configuration software offers an instant interface via any web browser.
- ROV & Offshore Survey
- Multi-beam and Sonar Motion Reference
- Subsea Engineering
For more information, log on to IXSEA.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found