Nippon Kaiji Kyokai, known as ClassNK or NK, is a ship classification society of Japan. ClassNK is dedicated to ensure the safety of life and property at sea, and the prevention of pollution of the marine environment. This is possible only when ships are safe at sea and, ships can be safe only by carrying out good maintenance onboard. To keep the ships safe and seaworthy, ClassNK has published in February 2009, “Good Maintenance Onboard Ships: Maintenance Checklist for the Master”. This 74 page pdf document of 2.14 MB, is the revised edition of the first edition, brought out in June 1994.
Some of the interesting features of this e-book are:
- “Advice to Masters”
- Checklist I : For Routine Maintenance (in Seventeen Tables)
- Checklist II: For Port State Control (PSC) Inspection (the most common deficiencies)
- Checklist III: For Safety Management System
- Checklist IV: For International Ship and Port Facility Security
- Appendix: Photos of the most common deficiencies
Download and read this interesting e-book from ClassNK.
For more free publications, log on to e-Library of ClassNK.
Posts in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found