The 9th edition of the International Defence Exhibition & Conference (IDEX 2009) is ready to start at Abu Dhabi, UAE on February 22. IDEX 2009 is officially supported by the UAE Government and coordinated by the UAE Armed Forces. The American USS Gladiator, the British HMS Chiddingfold, the Capt Bettica from Italy and INS Sarvekshak hydrographic survey vessel from India are expected to be present during the event.
Some of the interesting features of IDEX 2009 are:
- to be inaugurated by UAE President and Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, H.H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- one of the world’s largest exhibitions to showcase systems, equipment and services for all three defence environments, land, sea and air.
- to be held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition & Conference Centre (ADNEC).
- over 900 exhibitors representing over 70 countries are to participate.
- you can view equipment and systems aboard naval ships berthed at ADNEC Quay, just across a footbridge from the IDEX exhibition halls.
- you can watch dynamic demonstrations of amphibious capability, featuring marine personnel, craft and vehicles.
- more than 45,000 visitors worldwide are expected to attend.
- some of the marine related exhibits are
- Anti-Mine Systems (Ground/Sea)
- Coastal Defence System
- Naval Vessels including Warships
- Undersea Defence Technology
- Marine Communication
- Maritime UAV
- to meet the needs of prospective buyers from the growing defence markets in the Middle East, Asia and Far East.
- the event is scheduled to conclude on February 26.
View an interesting video clip Patria AMV @ IDEX 2007.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found