Electric Ship Design Symposium 2009 (ESDS 2009) is ready to start on February 12. The Symposium is useful, if you are involved in design, engineering or construction of ships for military or commercial applications.
Some of the interesting features of ESDS 2009 are:
- The two days Symposium is scheduled at Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor, MD.
- Jointly organized by the American Society of Naval Engineers (ASNE) and the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME).
- The symposium will explore the opportunities that the electric ship will have on ship and fleet design of the future and identify key barriers and enablers to realize these opportunities.
- “The State-of-Art of Integrated Electric Power and Propulsion Systems and Technologies on Ships” by internationally recognized authors Dr. Tim McCoy, Converteam and Dr. John Amy, BMT Syntek Technologies.
- Expert Panel of Naval and Industry Leaders.
- Expert Panel on Naval/Commercial Ship Development.
- Keynote Address by Mr. Jukka Kuuskoski; Vice President Marine, ABB Finland.
- Luncheon Address by Rear Admiral Thomas J. Eccles, USN; Chief Engineer, Naval Sea Systems Command.
- Coverage of a wide range of subjects including: energy transportation, energy exploration, cruise lines, mega yachts, naval ships, career development, business case analysis, etc.
- Working Groups: Technical issues and opportunities will be explored in depth by five Working Groups.
- Electric Machinery Systems–Professor Giorgio Sulligoi, University of Trieste and Dr. Zareh Soghomonian.
- Mobility Systems–Chris Bassler, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division.
- System/Design Integration–Jason Strickland, Naval Sea Systems Command.
- Ship/Ship Concepts–Adrian MacKenna, Naval Sea Systems Command.
- Total-Ship Life-Cycle Considerations–Steve Morris, BMT D&P.
- All of the above technical information will be collated into the Symposium Proceedings that will be available to all attendees.
For more information, log on to ESDS 2009.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Sail Training Ship Young Endeavour on 2009 Australian Circumnavigation
- Weekend Download: Free Online German Navy Calendars 2009
- India: Mystery Behind Ballistic Missile Defense Ship USS Decatur Visit to Chennai
- Pirate Mother Ship Prantalay Sinks off Lakshadweep during Anti Piracy Operations by India
- INS Sudarshini: Second Sail Training Ship for Indian Navy Launched by Goa Shipyard