Helsinki International Boat Show 2009 (HIBS 2009) is presently going on at Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Centre, Finland. The Boat Show is now being held for the 40th time. The boat show is aimed to attract everyone interested in boating and other hobbies related to the aquatic world, from seasoned veterans to absolute beginners.
HIBS 2009 is Finland’s largest boating industry event in terms of physical size and number of visitors.
Some of the interesting features of HIBS 2009 are:
- To be held from February 7 to 15.
- Expected to attract more than 90,000 visitors. Last year the show was attended by 89,188 visitors.
- To display a comprehensive variety of over 600 motorboats, yachts, wooden boats, canoes, boating, diving, electronic, fishing and other water sports equipment.
- About thirty sailboats will be exhibited, with several interesting new models being displayed for the first time in Finland.
- About 331 exhibitors, 11 more than participated at last year’s exhibition are to exhibit in some 24,200 square metres of exhibition floor space.
- An information desk is available for beginners in boating to give details on, for example, necessary permits, insurance, safety issues, berths, yacht club activities, the costs of boating, navigation courses and other available training.
- The show is being arranged by the Finnish Fair Corporation on behalf of the Finnish Marine Industries Federation Finnboat.
Here is a video clip of Helsinki International Boat Show 2007.
For more details, log on to Finnexpo.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found