Some of the shocking and surprising features of the seizure are:
- location: at Udayarkattukulam area in Mullaittivu
- the largest underwater vehicle found is about 35 feet in length and armour plated
- three pedal-type suicide boats
- many more crafts under construction
It is further reported that the LTTE has been able to come this far in terrorism warfare because of the leeway given to the outfit by the international community.
Here are some photographs from Ministry of Defence, Sri Lanka
For more photographs and more information, log on to MOD, Sri Lanka.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Sri Lanka Army Captures Boat Building Facility of Terrorists
- Weekend View: Underwater Scooters of Terrorists Captured in Sri Lanka
- Weekend View: GIS Visuals of Sri Lanka’s War on Terrorism (1981-2009)
- Sri Lanka Navy Foils Sea Borne Terrorist Attacks on Merchant Ships
- Seminar on National Security by Indian Army and University of Madras at Chennai