Here is a graphical presentation, showing how safe are the seafarers from sea pirates worldwide, during the years 2003 to 2008.
The graphs show the type of violence committed on seafarers:
- Taken Hostage: Highest in 2008 and lowest in 2004
- Kidnap/Ransom: Highest in 2004 and lowest in 2003
- Crew Threatened: Highest in 2003 and lowest in 2007
- Crew Assaulted: Highest in 2003 and lowest in 2006
- Crew Injured: Highest in 2003 and lowest in 2006
- Crew Killed: Highest in 2004 and lowest in 2005
- Crew Missing: Highest in 2003 and lowest in 2006,2007
Here are the pie charts for each year (2008 to 2003):
Data source: International Maritime Bureau
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found