UNOSAT map explains ‘Reported Incidents of Somali Pirate Attacks and Hijackings in the Gulf of Aden for 2008′ in 10 different categories with attractive signs.
1. Hijacking: where pirates have taken control of ships
2. Attempted but Failed Hijacking: where pirates have deployed weapons and attempted to board a vessel but failed
3. Suspicious Approach: where a vessel has followed or chased another ship
4. Pirates Captured
5. Pirates Released: where captured pirates were released
6. Pirate Land Base: where pirates concentrate ashore
7. Satellite Detected Hijacked Vessel: the location of hijacked vessel identified in satellite imagery
8. Crew kidnapped and Vessel abandoned
9. Hijacked Ship Sunk: hijacked vessels accidentally destroyed by international maritime forces
10a. Military strike on pirates at sea: where a foreign military power has deployed weapons against pirate vessels
10b. Military Strike Against Pirates on land: or their associated resources on land
Source: UNOSAT Maps.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found