DP World Nhava Sheva, India’s first privately managed container terminal is also the first container terminal to get ISO 28000:2007 certification in supply chain security management systems.
- Part of Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT), Mumbai.
- JNPT entered into a license agreement in July 1997 with M/s. Nhava Sheva International Container Terminal (NSICT) a consortium led by M/s. P & O Ports, Australia, for construction, operation and management of a new 2 berth container terminal on Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) basis for a period of 30 years.
- The container terminal set up at a total cost of US $250 million is fully operational from July 2000.
- The terminal is already certified for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 27001 management systems.
- The ISO 28000:2007 certification was given by Det Norske Veritas (DNV) and the announcement regarding certification was made on December 23.
- DP World Nhava Sheva is now the 15th terminal of their 48 terminals operating worldwide, to get the distinction.
Read more about ISO 28000:2007 certification from DP World as pdf document and from International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found