Some of the interesting features of this arrest are:
- the vessel is at the Port of Tuticorin from October 23.
- the arrest order was given on a civil suit filed by three crew members, who are Myanmar nationals, for recovery of over Rs 15.82 lakh.
- the petitioners, a wiper, chief cook and mess boy, had joined the ship on July 23 this year and have not been paid salary for over three months.
- the crew joined the ship through Vinashin Ocean Shipping Company Limited, Piraeus- Greece.
- also the ship is not having enough food and water.
- further the management is planning to appoint a fresh set of crew to sail the ship out.
- more details on ‘MV Vinashin Island’ are here and here.
Daily vessel position as on November 18 from Tuticorin Port Trust confirms the arrest of the vessel.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found