The first conference on the EU project “Zemships – Zero Emission Ships” is going to be held, as future ships are going to be powered from Hydrogen Fuel Cells. The conference as part of H2Expo 2008: 7th International Conference and Trade Fair on Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technologies is ready to start on October 22 at the CCH-Congress Center, Hamburg. In addition, H2Expo will conduct a symposium and three workshops.
Presently the world is working fast to use Hydrogen as a source of energy as fossil fuels are running out. Researchers are proceeding at full pace to extract Hydrogen from water and also directly from bio-waste, organic residues and even from sewage. The two days event will focus on technical innovations in the individual fuel cell types, their applications, hydrogen production from renewable energy sources, storage and infrastructure. About 60 speakers from 11 countries are expected to participate.
Zemships conference is going to be held on October 23 and the following interesting topics are going to be discussed.
- What is Zemships?
- The role of fuel cells in ship operation
- Safety and classification procedures of fuel cell ships
- Fuel cell systems for zero emission ships
- Construction and design of Zemships and first operation experiences
- Construction and design of hydrogen filling stations
- From energy source to the ship’s propeller
- Mathematical model of ship propulsion and data visualization
- Trip with fuel cell ship on the Alster Lake
Posts in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found