France generates about 75 percent of its electricity from nuclear energy. It is interesting to note that, France is hosting the second International Conference on Ocean Energy (ICOE 2008) of three days from October 15 at Brest. This conference is organized by EDF and Ifremer, in partnership with the European Ocean Energy Association (EU-OEA) and the IEA Ocean Energy Systems Implementing Agreement (IEA-OES).
ICOE 2008 covers every marine renewable energy, also called ocean energy or offshore renewable energy:
- waves, currents (tidal or ocean currents)
- tide (tidal energy)
- ocean thermal energy conversion (OTEC)
- salinity gradient (osmotic pressure)
- offshore wind
ICOE 2008 is part of the 6th International Marine Science and Technology week – Seatechweek Brest 2008 that is going on from October 13 to 17.
For more information log on to ICOE 2008.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Clean Energy from PowerBuoy of Ocean Power Technologies
- First ‘Zemships – Zero Emission Ships’ Conference to be Held at H2Expo 2008
- Blue H Technologies launches Worlds First Floating Wind Turbine
- Germany Commissions First Offshore Wind Farm
- IBEX 2008: International Boat Builders Exhibition and Conference Going On