Some of the interesting features of transportation are:
- In the month of August 2008, she sailed from Nantong, China to Rotterdam with three vessel hulls in multi layers.
- A 110 metres vessel hull was placed on top of 135 metres vessel hull. A third hull of 86 metres was placed alongside the other two hulls.
- Safe navigation was provided by an additional radar on the bow as the cargo units were 14 metres high.
- She entered the port of Rotterdam as per schedule on September 03, 2008.
- As planned, all the three over dimensional hulls were unloaded without damages.
- This innovative method of transportation came from the experts of the Beluga Transport Engineering:
- they are nautical specialists, engineers and shipbuilders
- they apply their entire know-how to guarantee professional and proper stowage of large and heavy-lift cargo on board
- they ensure safe transportation of highly sensitive goods
- More information on MV “Beluga Gravitation and the G-Series” is available here.
The above photograph is from Beluga Group and read more about this transportation from Beluga Group News.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found