Singapore Maritime Week (SMW) is ready to start on October 10. The third SMW is expected to witness a week long events of international conferences, dialogues, exhibitions and social events with massive and active participation by the international maritime community. The events are organized by the Maritime and Port Authority (MPA) of Singapore and some of the institutions participating are: Singapore Maritime Academy, Seatrade Asia, Marine Money Asia, Singapore Shipping Association, Singapore Maritime Foundation, Ship Management International, Lloyd’s list, BIMCO, Singapore International Bunkering Conference (SIBCON), The Institute of Environmental Science and Engineering (IESE).
Some of the interesting features of SMW are:
- October 10: Singapore Nautical Run: The Maritime and Port Authority (MPA) will be presenting the 1st Singapore Nautical Run (The Run) at the East Coast Park. More than 1000 participants from the maritime community, institutions and friends of the maritime community are expected to attend.
- October 13: SMF Networking Reception – Ship Owners, Ship Brokers, Ship Financiers and Marine Insurance Professionals by Singapore Maritime Foundation (SMF).
- October 13,14: 8th Maritime Technology (MARTECH) Conference & Exhibition by Singapore Maritime Academy.
- October 14:
- October 14,15: 7th Annual Marine Money Asia- Week by Marine Money Asia.
- October 15: Lloyd’s List Asia Awards & Gala Dinner
- October 15 to 17:
- 15th Singapore International Bunkering Conference (SIBCON) 2008 including Joint Oil Spill Exercise (JOSE) 2008 on October 17 which expects to attract more than 800 participants from around the world.
- BIMCO Masterclass Workshop on Agency
- October 16:
- October 16,17: 4th International Conference and Exhibition on Ballast Water Management (ICBWM 2008) by Institute of Environmental Science & Engineering (IESE)- GloBallast.
- October 17:
- 3rd International Ship Management Summit by Ship Management International Magazine.
- Joint Oil Spill Exercise (JOSE) 2008
- October 17 to 19: From Lighthouses to Electronic Charts – An Exhibition by Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA).
- to conclude on October 19.
For more information on Singapore Maritime Week, log on to Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Update: October 11
More than 1000 members participated in the Singapore Nautical Run and the event was flagged off by Transport Minister Raymond Lim. Also the inaugural Singapore Nautical Run raised over S$300,000 for charity. Read more from Channel NewsAsia.
Update: October 16
Here are the results of Lloyd’s List Asia Awards from gCaptain, given during Singapore Maritime Week on October 15.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found