The second edition of OceanTech Expo (OTE) was inaugurated by Rhode Island Governor Donald Carcieri on October 01. OTE is considered as North America’s premier marine technology and ocean science Expo. The Oceanographic and Subsea Technology Expo and Training focuses on Exhibits, Training, Demos and Networking. The OTE now going on at Rhode Island Convention Center, Providence, Rhode Island will conclude on October 03. The topics being discussed by executives, government officials and analysts during this OTE are:
- The increasing application of augmented reality, modeling and simulation in dealing with operational challenges in the undersea environment.
- Societal, scientific and economic drivers behind ocean observation initiatives. What exactly are we observing and why ?
- The growing challenges of keeping international ports and harbors secure. How ocean technology can play an active role.
- An insider’s look at the mission planning and technology selection process for the new NOAA Oscar Dyson class multi-disciplinary fisheries survey vessel.
- Emerging opportunities and requirements for future deployment of offshore renewable energy systems.
- New opportunities and pathways to bringing new marine technology into the market.
- The growing market and applications for underwater vehicles. Ever increasing, real world challenges that require innovative technology solutions.
- Technology gaps in the subsea production and processing of oil & gas. Are there solutions that the marine technology community could offer ?
Also, Marine Technology Reporter has profiled over 100 leading companies currently serving the marine technology market for the MTR Seamaster Award. Thomas S. Chance, President of C&C Technologies, Inc. is being honored with MTR Seamaster Award for 2008 during the exhibitors reception for his contribution in use of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV) in offshore oil and gas industry.
Post in MarineBuzz on this day a year before:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found