The India Shipping Summit (ISS) 2008 is ready to start on September 29. The fourth edition of ISS is set to draw the global attention of maritime business community. Last year the Summit attracted 600 senior delegates from 22 countries.
Some of the interesting features of ISS 2008 are:
- to be held from September 29 to October 01.
- to be held at Grand Hyatt Mumbai
- Some of the interesting subjects to discussed are:
- India’s Future as a Global Maritime Player
- Finance for Helping India Enter a New Era in the Maritime Sector
- The Charterers’ Voice
- Offshore Oil and Gas Developments and Energy Transportation for Sustaining Growth: New Challenges for Ship owners
- Maritime Technology in a Changing Regulatory Environment
- Solving the Manning Crisis in the Maritime Industry
- Shipbuilding in India – Managing the Future
- Delivering World-Class Maritime Infrastructure: Tapping Opportunities, Old-Fashioned Mindsets and Other Bottlenecks
- India Shipping Summit Awards 2008 for the following categories will be awarded at a special Gala Dinner on September 29.
- International Maritime Player of the Year
- Innovator of the Year sponsored by Indian Register of Shipping
- Policymaker of the Year
- Deal of the Year sponsored by VARUN
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Infrastructure Developer of the Year sponsored by Det Norkse Veritas
- Lifetime Achievement
For more information on India Shipping Summit 2008, log on to India Shipping Summit.
Update: October 06
“If our own people find the country a difficult place for shipping, how can one expect foreigners to come here and operate their ships, with or without 100% FDI ? Read more from The Economic Times.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found