National Defence Academy (NDA), a premier tri-service training institution of India will be completing 60 years of glorious service on January 16, 2009. As part of Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of NDA, Indian Navy’s Sail Training Ship INS Tarangini has commenced her four nation voyage on September 22 from Kochi.
Here are some interesting features of the voyage:
- Two officers and 60 cadets of NDA in two groups are taking part in the voyage after completing a one week training capsule in INS Tarangini prior to commencement of the voyage.
- She will visit the ports of Salalah (Oman), Port Victoria (Seychelles), Male (Maldives) and Colombo (Sri Lanka) in the Indian Ocean Region.
- The first batch of 30 cadets have commenced their voyage from Kochi. At Seychelles, second batch of 30 cadets will join to relieve the first batch.
- She is scheduled to return to Kochi on November 24.
- She is expected to complete 4900 nautical miles in 65 days.
- Major General BS Grewal, Deputy Commandant & CI of NDA shall be accompanying the cadets in the last leg of the voyage from Colombo to Kochi.
Read more about INS Tarangini from Global Security.
Here is a video clip of INS Tarangini.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found